I recently discovered the books and online seminars offered by Kristen Lamb. Having just finished my first novel, I felt adrift on a dangerous ocean; I knew not one thing about the publishing business. The one thing I did know was, I needed help and fast. I have no talent for marketing, and social media only confused me. Today, just two weeks after I started implementing Kristen’s advice, I have more than doubled the traffic to my blog, ditto my Facebook friends and Twitter is more like a conversation than headache.
Along the way, I have met some pretty amazing people out there in the cyber-wilderness. Diana Murdock, whose terrific blogs on random acts of kindness and meditation were some of the first I discovered, was kind enough to bestow the Versatile Blogger Award upon me. Sweet! Many thanks to Diana!
It is however, an award with conditions, which I am happy to comply with. Firstly, a link back to the blogger giving the award. Of course! Next, provide a list of seven things about me. Okay…
- I love Coast to Coast AM. Yeah, the radio program. I am geeky enough that I download the podcasts and listen to them when I can actually stay awake and pay attention.
- Because of #1, I love conspiracy theories. Okay, I don’t drink the koolaid, but it’s kinda scary to see how many so-called theories have proven true.
- I have two dogs, three cats, one fish, and chickens. My chicken population is variable.
- I am the woman who thought she’d never get married, married to the man who swore he’d never get married again. No wonder I write romance!
- No kids, kids terrify me. I think mothers are some of the bravest people on the planet.
- I am always reading. I haven’t been without a book since fourth grade. Sometimes I plan my next book to read halfway through the one I’m currently reading. I often read a non-fiction and fiction book at the same time.
- I love to bake bread.
Last, but most important, I am to pass the torch on, and introduce you to some of the bloggers I’ve discovered. The requirements state 15, but as Diana also indicated, I couldn’t stop at just 15, I kept finding more to add, all I had to do was go down my new Twitter list. Here, however, are some of the most worthy. I hope you’ll enjoy reading them as much as I do:
- Kait Nolan. Her recipes at Pots and Plots are delicious, and she’s also a talented author of the paranormal.
- Deborah J. Hughes. I followed a link on Deborah’s Facebook page to Kristen Lamb’s blog…and you read the rest earlier. Deborah tells her own true paranormal experiences in chilling detail.
- Jenny Hanson. How can you not love a blog that tells you, you need more cowbell?
- Girls With Pens. Written by Lisa Wilson and Marcy Kennedy, they won me with their discussion of Buffy vs. Bella.
- Shannon Esposito. Loves ghost tours, awesome!
- Barbara McDowell. Has this inspiring list of ROW80 goals. What is ROW80? I need to learn more.
- Kristal Lee. Some entertaining videos, and musings on the Rapture. Eclectic!
- Lynette Benton. Helpful tools of the trade, and lots of them.
I hope you’ll visit all of them, I know you’ll enjoy their writings as much as I did.